- I will now provide inane commentary over Back To The Future on Blu-Ray
- Surely the experiment at Twin Pines Mall was not Doc's VERY first experiment? He went to all that effort without doing small scale trial?
- The camper van the Libyans chase Marty in is almost identical to my camper van. There's no way it can do 70 on the flat, let alone 90
- The plutonium is a very very clever plot point. Perhaps the cleverest. Think about all the things that wouldn't have happened without it...
- No plutonium, no radiation suits, no bullet proof vest underneath, no denouement. (You could easily get 1.21GW from a local power station)
- Is it acceptable to rip pages out of phone books in cafes? Also, Marty buys 1955 coffee with 1985 coins. Wouldn't be possible in the UK!
- Michael J Fox was 24 playing 16. In the other two films he was 28 playing 16. At what point does a short guy say "that's just patronising"?
- In 1955 lorraine's dad says "who the hell is John F Kennedy?". JFK was elected to congress in 47 and senate in 53, so was prob quite famous
- (ok so 1.21GW is quite a lot to get from a power station... Just read that all of Belgium's power stations only generate 1.01GW)
- Why don't we harness and store the electricity from lightening storms? Must be possible, surely?
- The average peak power output of a single lightning stroke is actually about 1000 Gigawatts - surprised the flux capacitor didn't blow!
- Could 1985 Walkmans with foam wire headphones really play loud enough to make you feel that level of pain? (Eddie van Halen pain!)
- Blu-Ray is very unforgiving to the very obvious stunt doubles in the skateboard/car chase set piece. Check out "Biff" driving in particular!
- Did the lightning strike the clock tower at precisely 22:04:00? Are you sure? It's a rather hokey old clock with no second hand...
- Christopher Lloyd is a master of comic timing and facial expression.
- I always remember the Dance section of this film so well. Aged six, I had a mini-comic, which came free with Shreddies. It was part 5 of 6.
- You caused $300 damage to my car you son of a bitch, and now I'm gonna take it out of your ass #snigger
- After George decks Biff, I always look for the "I think he took his wallet" guy in the gathering crowd.
- That ginger dork that cuts in when they're dancing, he's got a bloody maniacal laugh!
- Hey Chuck, it's your cousin Marvin Berry. You know that new sound you're looking for? Well listen to THIS, then plagiarise it word for word!
- Oh but actually Chuck, you've missed all the good bit and now he's just going a bit mental on guitar. It's ok, I can remember most of it.
- Do you think their memories would be so addled over 20 years that they'd not notice their son growing to resemble the guy who set them up?
- He has to hit that cable the split second the lightning strikes! Why not use a long tether cable, to give him more of a margin of error?
- 10 minutes? You're in a time machine, you've got all the time you want, but you're only setting the clock back 10 minutes? Gaagh!
- Bring Jennifer along, this concerns her too. When the actress decides she doesn't want to be in the sequel, we'll just recast her
- Where we're going we don't need Rrrroooads
- And that concludes my commentary of Back To The Future which, all evidence to the contrary, is one of my favourite movies of all time.
Monday, January 03, 2011
Inane commentary over Back To The Future
I watched Back To The Future the other day, and realised I think the same thoughts every time I see it (and that must be at least 20 times). So I decided to tweet my inane thoughts. Here they are. Watch BTTF and read these along with it.